'Lane Kiffin Sewage Center' Coming to a Knoxville Near You > Buster Sports
'Lane Kiffin Sewage Center' Coming to a Knoxville Near YouWednesday, January 20, 2010 10:43 AM
Posted By: Will Brinson
In: Pac-10, SEC ShareThis
Lane Kiffin, as you clearly are aware of, jilted Tennessee just a few weeks ago. Naturally, people in Tennessee weren't happy about Kiffin leaving -- that can be clearly seen by the mini-riots that went down on campus while Kiffin was trying to extradite himself.
But one local area man Knoxville attorney, Greg McElroy, wants to make sure that Kiffin is permanently disgraced in Tennessee by renaming a Knoxville sewage plant after the ex-coach.
McElroy has filed paperwork with the Knoxville City Council's Public Properties and Facilities Naming Committee to rename a waste water treatment plant the "Lane Kiffin Sewage Center."
"It dawned on me--Lane Kiffin told us that he hoped the fans would understand. I thought 'Well, naming the wastewater plant for him would let him know, I think very clearly, we do understand,'" McElroy, an off-and-on season ticket holder said. "We want to memorialize his stay here, and I think this would be doing it appropriately."
On the application, he says he wanted "to honor our recently departed head coach and raise awareness of the good work done by the Knoxville Utilities Board."
"I think it'd be very fitting. He's definitely garbage," UT Student Paul Mills said.
Now, obviously, this story is beyond hilarious, particularly if the Tennessee folk manage to make this happen -- even if you're a Southern Cal fan, you understand that certain, ahem, behavioral tendencies of Kiffin's are just flat-out silly/wrong/evil/whatever. Of course, if he manages to win/saves you from heading into signing day without a coach, you're probably willing to overlook that.
But once he rolls out, well, it's easy to see how someone could hold a grudge. The larger point here, for me though, is that Tennessee fans hate Kiffin enough that they're willing to try and rename a sewer plant after him ... do you think they're hesitating to talk with TMZ reps in the area? I mean, even for a second? Probably not. So, to reiterate what I said last night, things are about to get a little awkward for Lane.





Bookmarks